lundi 13 novembre 2006

Peace and Conflict Studies

This blog is devoted to my work in peace and conflict research as young researcher and peace activist. 'Conflict' and 'war' are not strange words to me, as I grew up in post-1983 Sri Lanka, where devastation and violence have been and continue to be the main daily reality. As a graduate student in political history at the University of Tours, France, I am concerned about identifying causes of conflict, solving armed conflicts, examining past theories of conflict resolution, mediation and conflict management, and in particular peace processes. My work basically revolves around the cases of Sri Lanka and Northern Ireland. I will be spending a few months at the University of Ulster (UU) in early 2007, at their School of Politics and International Studies to work further on these research areas.

Aucun commentaire: